This Freelance Agreement (the “Agreement”) will confirm the terms and conditions of your association with the On Campus Sports Network, Inc. (“OCSN” or “the Company”). This is a binding contract between you and OCS.
In exchange for the opportunity to submit your work for potential publication to OnCampusSports.com, you agree as follows:
1. You represent and warrant that all work you will submit to OCSN is your original work, has been authored and created by you alone, has not been previously published or offered for publication, is not subject to any claims of ownership besides your own, is not defamatory in any way, and will not violate any copyright or other proprietary right of anyone else.
2. You grant OCSN exclusive rights to publish, maintain, revise, license, and authorize others to publish, by any and all means or media worldwide and in any and all forms or format, all work you will submit to OCSN.
3. You authorize OCSN to edit, revise, condense, abridge, augment, and retitle any work you submit.
4. You grant OCSN promotional and publicity rights regarding any work you submit, including the right to use your name, biographical information, and likeness.
5. You acknowledge and understand that your status with OCSN is as an unpaid freelance contributor, and not that of an employee. You will not be required to adhere to a regular schedule, nor do you have a minimum number of hours to fulfill in a given time period. You will be offered assignments, some of which will have deadlines, and you have the right to turn down assignments for any reason. You have the freedom to perform as few or as many assignments of those made available to you.
6. You agree to comply with the customs and practices of OCSN and follow any reasonable instructions that you are given.
7. You agree that you will advise OCSN of, and may decline to participate in, any undertaking for which you are not confident or qualified to perform the activity requested.
8. You acknowledge and accept responsibility for your own actions. OCSN is not liable for physical injury or property damage as a result of your conduct. You will hold OCSN and its employees and agents harmless for any personal injury incurred in connection with your association with OCSN.
9. You understand you will not be reimbursed for any personal funds you incur in connection with your association with OCSN.
10. You will refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on OCSN and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims and objectives thereof in connection with your association with OCSN.
11. You will keep confidential any and all unpublished information made known to you during the course of your association with OCSN that you know (or reasonably should have known) has not been made public, and except with the explicit authorization of OCSN, will not publish any reports or papers on the basis of information obtained either during or after the completion of your association with OCSN thereof.
12. You acknowledge that the association with OCSN is an academic experience and your performance will be evaluated based upon your ability to perform in a professional manner, which include but are not limited to your ability to meet deadlines, to take initiative in learning, and to interact with supervisors and colleagues.
13. You acknowledge that OCSN is not liable for any infraction you commit of your school’s code of conduct, and such an infraction may result in the termination of your association with OCSN.